Sunday, June 10, 2012

Tears

Tears come at the most random times these days.  I had a busy day today.  DJ'd a pool party in N Houston then made a mad dash back home to change and then DJ'd a Sweet 16 party.  I played Andy Griggs' "You Won't Ever Be Lonely" at the party tonight.  All I could think about while I was listening to it was that it simply wasn't true.  I didn't cry until I got home.  Something about pulling up to the house knowing that she's not inside waiting for me.  I can't count the nights that I would come home from a party and find her asleep on the couch, or propped up in the bed, waiting on me to get home.  I would wake her up and she'd smile and apologize for falling asleep before I got in.  I miss seeing her sleepy smile.  I miss everything about her.

1 comment:

  1. Music is such a blessing in our lives and at the same time, can bring such pain to the surface. Who knows if certain songs will ever quit bringing tears to your eyes entirely. Just remember, tears are very healing. I think of tears like the valve on a pressure cooker - without them, we might surely explode - they are a release and I am thankful that you allow yourself to cry, Mark.

    ReplyDelete