Wednesday, February 8, 2012

8 days

It's been eight days.  Eight days.  Eight days - and nights - of loss, pain, sorrow, fear, anger, terror, and even more.  At 4:45 CST on January 31st, my wife of 17 1/2 years returned home to Our Heavenly Father.  I had the fortune to be on the phone with her as she took her last breaths.  I had the misfortune to be on the phone with her because I was 1400+ miles away in New Jersey.  This blog will be my journey through what it's like to be a 41 year old widower with a teenage son.  I can't promise it will be an easy read as it hasn't been an easy eight days.

1 comment:

  1. You are correct, Mark - there's nothing easy about any of this - I do think this blog, though, is an excellent way for you to express the wide range of emotions you are experiencing. I've never heard of a blog interrupting one's thoughts - they are noted as being great listeners!! So, blog away, my dear Mark!!

    ReplyDelete