Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Jealousy

I seem to be full of jealousy lately.  I've never really been the jealous type.  Why would I be.  My life was perfect.  An amazing wife, an amazing son, everything we needed and then some.

I'm jealous of those around me who's life goes on as normal.
I'm jealous of those who still have their wife/husband to hold hands with as they walk together.
I'm jealous of those that can pick up the phone and call their wife/husband to just say hello.
I'm jealous of those who don't feel like their heart has been ripped out of their chest.
I'm jealous of those 15 year olds who still have their mom to talk to.
I'm jealous...

1 comment:

  1. Totally understandable, Mark. How can the world go on functioning when my world has come to a halt? How can others be happy - how dare they? I read something about jealousy, envy, grief and want to share a short part with you as I think it fits.

    "... acknowledge grief and reject the label of jealousy."

    I don't think you are jealous - you are grieving and have a right to do so.

    ReplyDelete